Monday, June 7, 2010

11,372


Today was a hard one - Mondays in general just S-U-C-K.  There was no amount of caffeine that could get my ass to the gym this am.  Restless restless restless - thoughts of the future, weird random past life dwelling and other such nonsense made for a night filled with tossings and turnings.
And then I walked outside.  Into a sunshiny 70 degree cool day.
Flipped off BP as I drove by, par the course these days.
Work.  Stagnant.  There is nothing less thrilling to discuss.
RSB warmed up our free pizza from last night to crispy perfection.
Diet be damned (this is like the 789th day in a row for that declaration)

Every time I see pictures from the oil spill 
(oh why do I torment myself) 
TS Eliot echoes through my mind
this is the way the world ends
not with a bang but a whimper

Yoga tomorrow - wanting a strong flexible body 
& of course not to be the chubby yogini in the studio
dripping sweat starting with the first sun salutation
I think I might need to up the ante with the dash swiftly approaching.
Tomorrow night is Body Attack led by Richard Simmons on speed - 
if a crazed man in spandex chasing after you screaming "high knees" doesn't get your ass in shape
I don't know what will.

I dreamt of California last night.
Driving along the coast and through magical secret curvy streets into other worlds.
The smell of salt and flowers.
Of sitting on cliffs over the surf and watching the sky melt.


xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment